Geisha Tattoos: A Showcase of Japanese Culture and Artistry
Geisha Tattoos: Hey readers, welcome to your favorite website of tattoos. We hope you enjoyed all the previous articles. We never disappoint our readers with our content. On this website, you will get all information about tattoos, their meaning, and their trending & impressive designs.
Tattoos are Trending nowadays. Fan following of tattoos is very huge in numbers. Tattoos enhance our personality and add four moons to our beauty. Tattoo is one of the best ways to express our personality and character traits. Tattoos express your inner feelings very beautifully. It is because a tattoo design with meaning adds a layer of uniqueness to it and makes it more special. Today, we are going to discuss geisha tattoos, their meaning, and their design ideas.
There are many things that are used to entertain us, but In Japan, there is a different source of entertainment. In Japan Geisha were used to entertain their clientèle in the ancient era. Geisha is an unmarried woman who provides their services to the clientèles to make them happy. Geisha learned many things in their lives, they started learning before the age of 5.
Geisha girls are very talented and have many skills. Geisha’s dress has opted from Japanese culture. They are beautiful girls who easily attract everyone around them. Geisha is also symbolized by respect and high-profile status in society.
What is the meaning of a Geisha tattoo?
Geisha tattoos are unique tattoos and it is mostly done in large sizes. Whenever you get a geisha tattoo, it must be a very detailed and large piece. It is a very interesting tattoo design and it is very popular, especially in Japanese culture. Geisha tattoos are worn by both men and women, it is very popular in Japanese culture.
If you are wondering about the meaning of the word “Geisha”, then don’t worry we will tell you. The literal translation of the word geisha is ” Performing artist” or an “artist” Or “a person of art”. In Japanese culture, the word geisha is used to address female entertainers which are skilled in conversation, dancing, singing, and classical music. These female entertainers can also be skilled in art, poetry, and games. The only work of geishas is to entertain men. These women are professionally trained or skilled in their specific zones but some people have wrong thinking about them. Some people confuse them with sex workers or prostitutes but geisha’s focus is very different from it.
The main focus of these women is to entertain men by displaying their wealth of knowledge about Japanese culture and also letting others know and learn about it. Geisha play the main work role in cultural events or tea ceremonies where they provide constant entertainment by performing various acts and creating a relaxed environment for others.
As Geisha is well known around the world, it is also available in Tattoo art. Geisha tattoos have their own meaning of beauty, love, respect, and dedication. If you are thinking about Geisha tattoos then it will always help to be dedicated to your life and commitment as Geisha do.
Meanings of Geisha Tattoos
Geisha Tattoos have several meanings and also depend upon the design to design. Here are Some beautiful meanings of Geisha tattoos:
• Talented Women
HISTORY OF GEISHA
The first woman who became the first geisha was a prostitute she claimed this title for herself in the year 1751and she acted as a jester-drummer in Kyoto. Before this, geishas were men and they used to entertain other men by performing arts. In the late 1700s, female geishas gained popularity and men focused on the talents of female geishas rather than paying attention to sexual favors. These women wrapped themselves in a bright silk kimono and wears heavy white makeup. They also wear black hair wigs with various hair ornaments. Geisha’s beauty teases & attracts men and blinds the mind and also develops desires in them.
What is the best placement for Geisha Tattoos:
The placement of tattoos is very important, so whenever you make up your mind to ink a tattoo, carefully choose the right placement. As we told you earlier, geisha tattoos are liked by both men and women. Geisha tattoos are usually inked in large sizes, so it means you need a large area to get geisha tattoos. The large areas of our body are the arms, shoulders, back, and thighs. These are the only areas where you can get your beautiful geisha tattoos.
Geisha tattoos can be done in every style. Japanese Geisha tattoos are liked by both men and women around the world. As samurai tattoos, Geisha is also a famous tattoo from Asian tattoo art. As we know geisha can be compiled with other tattoos like a samurai, warrior, skull, elephant, quotes, and much more. You can get inked on any part of the body whether it is the chest, back, neck, ribs, etc. Read more below:
GEISHA TATTOOS IDEAS AND DESIGNS
Geisha tattoos are very unique and popular, especially in Japanese culture and they are liked by both men and women. In western culture, geisha tattoos are the symbol of divine beauty and exotic grace. There are various designs and styles of geisha tattoos. The important thing about geisha tattoos is they are very detailed, colorful, and usually inked in large sizes. We have collected all the latest and most popular ideas and it will surely help you to decide on one for you.
Tattoos are made up of some special elements which add four moons to the designs. So, the special elements which are associated with the geisha tattoos are:
- Japanese samurai: In Japanese, samurai symbolizes the warriors (bushi) of premodern japan.
- Cherries and cherry blossoms: Cherries or cherry blossoms are symbolic flowers indicating springtime. Cherry blossoms symbolize beauty, the fleeting nature of life, and a time of renewal. In Japan, people celebrate cherry blossoms.
- Fans and umbrellas: Fans and umbrellas have great significance in Japanese culture and traditional Chinese weddings. Different color umbrella holds different meaning like at weddings red -oil paper umbrellas are used to ward off evil spirits White umbrellas are used at funerals while purple umbrellas are seen as a symbol of the longevity of elders.
- Peaches: Peaches are also used in geisha tattoo designs. In Japanese culture, peaches are seen as a symbol of the longevity of elders and are claimed to ward off evil spirits from us.
- Dragons: In Japanese culture, dragons are seen as symbols of good fortune, protectors of mankind, sources of strength & courage, and also wise guardians.
Here we collected the best of the best geisha tattoo designs in this gallery. Hope you will like this geisha tattoo designs pics.
1. Geisha skull tattoo designs with rose.
2. Japanese geisha girl tattoo on full-back designs for men.
3. Realistic Japanese geisha girl tattoo on arm and shoulder designs for women.
4. Beautiful Geisha tattoo designs on the forearm designs for girls.
5. Small Geisha tattoo designs on the thigh for guys.
6. Geisha tattoo design on back ideas for women.
7. Japanese geisha girl tattoo design ideas for men and women.
8. Masked Geisha tattoo design on the chest for men.
9. Beautiful geisha tattoo designs for back.
10. Geisha and warrior tattoo picture ideas for on the forearm.
11. Japanese geisha girl tattoo designs on arms for boys.
12. Geisha tattoo represents the dedication and it is also an inspirational design for many others.
13. Small geisha tattoo designs for girls.
14. Geisha with peony flower tattoo ideas for girls.
15. Geisha tattoo designs pictures for the full-back.
16. Geisha girl tattoo designs drawing.
17. Realistic geisha tattoo designs on leg ideas for women.
18. Geisha tattoo designs for full ideas for women.
19. Japanese geisha tattoo designs on the shoulder for men.
Check out more beautiful shoulder tattoos here.
20. Geisha girl tattoo drawing pictures designs.
21. Beautiful geisha girl tattoo designs with tiger and temple for a cover-up.
22. Realistic geisha tattoo designs on full arm ideas for boys.
23. Colored Geisha with skull tattoo design on thigh ideas for men and women.
24. Geisha tattoo can be done with an elephant and it will show your dedication and commitment to your life.
25. Small geisha tattoo designs on full arms for men.
26. Geisha with lotus tattoo designs for ladies.
Please also check more Back Tattoos Here.
27. Geisha lady tattoo designs pictures for the full arm.
28. Geisha with samurai tattoo designs are the best ideas for tattooing.
29. Geisha girl tattoo with flowers designs photos for men.
30. Geisha with tiger tattoo designs ideas for women.
31. Angel is also an option with geisha tattoos.
32. Geisha tattoo design on full-back ideas for men and women.
33. Geisha with dragon tattoo designs for the calf.
34. Geisha tattoo designs on calf designs for women.
35. Realistic geisha face tattoo designs on full hand.
36. Geisha with closed-eye tattoo designs on back ideas for girls.
37. Traditional geisha tattoo designs pics ideas for legs.
38. Small geisha girl face tattoo design ideas for sleeves.
39. Traditional geisha tattoo designs photos for boys.
40. Realistic geisha face tattoo designs on the inner forearm and wrist.
41. Traditional beautiful geisha tattoo designs pictures.
42. Geisha lady face tattoo designs on inner forearm and wrist.
43. 3d anime Geisha tattoo designs for girls.
44. Geisha face tattoo designs for shoulder and arms ideas for women.
45. Beautiful geisha face tattoo designs for sleeves.
46. Geisha with lotus flower tattoo designs is one of the best options.
47. Geisha tattoo designs for full sleeves.
48. Traditional geisha tattoo designs on shoulder blade ideas for men.
49. Realistic geisha face tattoo designs on arm ideas for boys and girls.
50. Geisha tattoo designs on full-sleeve ideas for men and women.
Img Src: Pinterest and Tumblr.
Read More about Geisha Here.
What do geisha tattoos symbolize ? or what is the meaning of geisha tattoos?
People see geisha tattoos as a symbol of mystery, artistry, perfectionism, and beauty. Geishas are very special as they have skilled talents which were somewhat hidden from most of society. Therefore, they represent desires, dreams, ambitions, and aspirations. It’s not the end, geisha also symbolize fertility, intrigue, feminine power, beauty, the transience of life, and fragility.